Mitmproxy is configured through a set of files in the users ~/.mitmproxy directory.
- Settings for the mitmproxy. This file can contain any options supported by mitmproxy.
- Settings for the mitmdump. This file can contain any options supported by mitmdump.
- Settings shared between all command-line tools. Settings in this file are over-ridden by those in the tool-specific files. Only options shared by mitmproxy and mitmdump should be used in this file.
- Keys and values are case-sensitive
- Whitespace is ignored
- Lists are comma-delimited, and enclosed in square brackets
name = value # (.ini style) name: value # (yaml style) --name value # (command-line option style) fruit = [apple, orange, lemon] indexes = [1, 12, 35 , 40]
These are boolean options that take no value but true/false.
name = true # (.ini style) name --name # (command-line option style)
The options available in the config files are precisely those available as
command-line flags, with the key being the option’s long name. To get a
complete list of these, use the
--help option on each of the tools. Be
careful to only specify common options in the common.conf file -
unsupported options in this file will be detected as an error on startup.