- We strongly encourage you to use Inline Scripts rather than mitmproxy.
- Inline Scripts are equally powerful and provide an easier syntax.
- Most examples are written as inline scripts.
- Multiple inline scripts can be used together.
- Inline Scripts can either be executed headless with mitmdump or within the mitmproxy UI.
All of mitmproxy’s basic functionality is exposed through the mitmproxy
library. The example below shows a simple implementation of the “sticky cookie”
functionality included in the interactive mitmproxy program. Traffic is
Set-Cookie headers, and requests are rewritten
to include a previously seen cookie if they don’t already have one. In effect,
this lets you log in to a site using your browser, and then make subsequent
requests using a tool like curl, which will then seem to be part of the